We believe in the old adage, “United we Stand, Divided we Fall.” One of the CHRR’s major preoccupations is NGO Networking within Malawi and facilitating for possible linkages between local NGOs and those around the world. We believe that most of the human rights issues in Malawi can effectively be dealt with only if there is effective coordination among NGOs and all other stakeholders.
Effective Networking entails not only sharing of ideas and experiences among all the stakeholders, but also being able to share some of the most basic and important resources required to fulfil our shared goals. We at CHRR are ready to share such resources with all other stakeholders working for the better world.
If you are interested to be part of this burgeoning network, you can partner with us either by filing in the on-line partnership form below or by reaching us through e-mail.
IMPORTANT LINKS FOR NGOS, GOVERNMENT, NETWORKS AND OTHER INSTITUTIONS
This page contains important links for key human rights organizations, government institution and networks both at national and international level. We have selected only those that we believe are doing substantial amounts of human rights work, and resources (such as libraries and internet-based information) of use by human rights activists and researchers.
- Government of Malawi – http://www.malawi.gov.mw/
- Office of the Director of Public Procurement (ODPP) – http://www.odpp.gov.mw/home
- National Aids Commission (NAC) www.aidsmalawi.org.mw
- Malawi Communications Regulatory Authority (MACRA) – http://www.macra.org.mw
- Malawi Human Rights Commission (MHRC) – www.malawihumanrightscommission.org
- Civil Liberties Committee (CILIC) – www.cilicmalawi.org
- Malawi Human Rights Resource Centre (MHRRC) – www.humanrights.mw
- Council for Non-Governmental Organisations in Malawi (CONGOMA) – http://www.congoma.org
- Partners in Hope – http://partnersinmalawi.org
- Women and Law in Southern Africa (WLSA) – http://www.wlsamalawi.org
- Banja la Mtsogolo (BLM) – http://www.banja.org.mw/
- National Initiative for Civic Education (NICE) – http://www.nicemw.org
- Child Rights Information and Documentation Centre (CRIDOC) – http://www.cridoc.net
- Malawi Economic Justice Network (MEJN) – http://www.mejn.mw
- Civil Society Coalition for Quality Basic Education (CSCQBE) – http://www.cscqbe.org/
- Civil Society Agriculture Network (CISANET) – http://www.cisanet.org
- United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) – www.unicef.org/infobycountry/malawi.html
- United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) – http://www.undp.org.mw/UNDP%20in%20malawi.html
- United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) – www.unhcr.org/home/RSDCOI/432197c32.pdf
- United Nations Population Fund UNFPA (UNFPA) – www.unfpa.org/profile/malawi.cfm
- Human Rights Education Associates (HREA) – http://www.hrea.org/abouthrea.html
- One World.net – http://www.oneworld.net
- Women’s Rights Network – http://www.wcwonline.org
- Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights – http://www.ohchr.org/english
- Amnesty International – http://www.amnesty.org
- Derechos Human Rights – http://www.derechos.org
- Human Rights Watch – http://www.hrw.org