Addressing stigma and discrimination against women living with HIV and AIDS
Districts : Salima and Lilongwe
To achieve a reduction in practices which discriminate and violate the human rights of women living with HIV and AIDS and the elderly in the targeted districts of Salima and Lilongwe.
- To equip communities and community structures with relevant up-to-date information through capacity building and awareness-raising by December 2020.
- To strengthen economic empowerment of women living with HIV and AIDS through linking them with the relevant stakeholders by December 2020.
- To enhance coordination and collaboration with district structures on women living with HIV and AIDS human rights issues by December 2020.
- CHRR Community Based Educators continue to raise awareness amongst community members on critical human rights issues striving towards protection and promotion of human rights.
- Relevant duty bearers within the communities have become more responsive in hearing and addressing community concerns.
- Project beneficiaries are now taking part in disseminating information on HIV and AIDS prevention.
- Inclusion of men in support groups has increased awareness and curiosity by men to get tested, in order to know their status.